Wrestler fired over Raja Jackson attack for being “accessory to attempted murder”

Michael Gwilliam
3 Min Read

Pro wrestler AJ Mana claims he’s been fired from KnokX Pro Wrestling for being an “accessory to attempted murder” after encouraging Raja Jackson to retaliate against Syko Stu during a violent in-ring attack.

On August 23, Raja Jackson, the son of UFC legend Quinton’Rampage’ Jackson, stormed the ring at a KnokX Pro show while streaming on Kick. The altercation began when Syko Stu, real name Stewart Smith, mistakenly thought Raja was part of the show and hit him with a drink. The two later appeared to squash the issue, with Jackson even agreeing to play into a storyline where he would get revenge on Stu.

AJ Mana, who had reportedly invited Jackson to the event to stream it on Kick, urged him to “give [Stu] his receipt.” In wrestling terms, a “receipt” means returning a stiff blow as payback for being roughed up earlier.

Prior to the incident, Raja told viewers, “it’s always been my dream to f**k up a pro wrestler” and that he was “really going to hit him.”

Instead of a single stiff shot, Jackson unloaded around 20 punches to Stu’s head before being pulled off by other performers. Stu survived and is conscious, but was left with “very serious” injuries. A GoFundMe for his hospital bills has already raised more than $100,000.

Wrestler AJ Mana fired over Raja Jackson’s attack on Syko Stu

Speaking on the F Y’all Podcast, Mana revealed how the fallout has cost him his career.

“I got a call from my f**king job [saying] ‘You’re an accessory to an attempted murder. We gotta let you go.’ I can’t wrestle anymore. How am I gonna pay my bills cause ya’ll want clickbait!”

Mana had previously insisted that he was “in character” when he told Jackson to dish out a receipt, claiming he was simply speaking in the “language of wrestling.”

Mana added that he intends to countersue and that he only told Raja to throw a single punch.

“Hey, guess what? I got all the footage, dumbasses. Y’all got the edits. Y’all got the edits. I have the originals. Oh yeah, I can’t wait for court. Trust me. Counter suing. Counter suing. By the way, damn good lawyer.”

The LAPD is still investigating the assault, though no arrests have been made so far.

Meanwhile, KnokX Pro has reportedly lost students in the wake of the controversy.

The WWE also cut ties with the promotion, which had once been featured as part of the company’s Independent Development program.

Share This Article
Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *